The Orphanage at St. Patrick's, now known as St. Patrick's Boys' Home, existed before the school. Founded around the year 1850, it was aggregated in 1891. For a number of years, it was under the care of
the Brothers of St. Francis of Assisi, from Mount Poinsur, Bombay. After that, various congregations of Religious Sisters have helped with the running of the Orphanage. Currently, it is managed by the Satya Seva Sisters, who have been here since 2003.
Today the institution takes in destitute children even if they are not orphans. Hence it is known as St. Patrick's Boys' Home. It is a registered society and offers various facilities to the students, who range from 4 to 18 years of age. Many of these children come from traumatized backgrounds. The majority of them are Catholics from very poor families.